Making the most of my time

My mind wanders a lot. I mean a lot. Too much. I need to force myself to, for example, take notes during a meeting. The meetings that I participate in, especially if they are over the web/conference call types, tend to find me zoning out and exploring areas of my mind that haven't been visited in a while. One thing that has really helped me is the blog and wiki that I have begun to use at work. Blogs and wikis are very public and I need to produce some high-quality input so that I am not embarrassed that people will actually read it. I also tell everyone that I am in a project with that I will be publishing content on the blog and wiki. That helps keep me accountable to pay attention and record quality items on them. I need that because I am, by nature, a free spirit and can be lazy at times. That's just me.

In fact, I need to post on my work blog now. Even if it is not entirely interesting it at least shows I am paying attention. And I need to do that for them...but especially for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer