"All of it"

After the sermon on Sunday morning these three words stuck in my mind: "All of it". It was an overwhelming thought that all of my life - every single activity - is an act of worship. With that master stroke the line between the sacred and the secular is done away with. It is not even blurred...it is obliterated. There is nothing that separates the two for each and every act has significance and I will either grow more Christ-like as I act in such-and-such a way or I will die, a little bit more, to righteousness.

I have heard people say that they have made up their mind that they will not give one more moment of their life to something that does not matter. They usually use this to justify their running to a vocation that deals with a full-time commitment to work on behalf of building Christ's church. While I appreciate the sentiment of that statement, even though I am not in a traditional, full-time, church-building vocation I would like to think I am in a full-time, church-building vocation. Especially if all of this life is worship. And it is.

So, am I? Am I worshiping God through this blog post? In my typing? How am I building His church here?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04