And we danced...

My wife and I didn't date that long before we were engaged to be married. We actually dated for about a year (and what a year it was!) and through all of it we knew that we were meant for each other. She showed an unbelievable commitment to me during that time and I tried my best to show the same to her.

I recall one night when we were saying goodbye to each other (she was living in Williamson and I was still in Greece) when I danced with her in the garage of her Nana's house and sang the refrain to a song called Rose Colored Glasses. I recall hearing it on 90.1 WGMC which was a small radio station in Greece that, primarily, played jazz music. Well, I did some searcing around today and found out that the band that recorded the song was called Animal Logic and was comprised of Stewart Copeland (ex-drummer for the Police), Deborah Holland (what a great voice she has even today), and, to my surprise, Stanley Clarke (on bass of course). I guess I shouldn't be too surprised as his presence is probably why the song found airtime on WGMC.

What a great memory this song invokes and it will always be special to me because of who my wife is. Not that the song has any deep spiritual meaning or any out of the ordinary musicianship (it was a great pop song though) but it is connected to my best friend and a moment I will never forget. Truly she has given me a pair of rose-colored glasses. And I see this life, in fact everything, in a different light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer