30 inches

Well, the table is constructed (not sanded, primed, and painted but definitely finished) and there were only a few minor hiccups along the way. Most of them were self-induced, but one of them was not my fault. That's pretty good for me. My oldest son helped me out a bit and was excited about the whole thing. It was good to see and he had a suggestion about the color of the table that I am thinking about taking.

I had a 1x3 that was 96 inches long and I needed it cut into 30 inch sections. I was busy doing something else with the table and my oldest son wanted to do some measuring so he said that he was going to measure out the 3 30-inch sections that I needed. I thought that would be fine so I let him do it. He got the tape measure out and went to work. He finished his measuring and placed the board in the miter box and placed the saw on the 30 inch mark and, after some prompting from me, waited for me to complete what I was doing.

I went over to the box and wanted to confirm that the line he drew was at the 30 inch mark. I was pleasantly surprised that it was dead on. I then proceeded to cut the board and went to the next mark. Again, spot on. Now that was impressive. It was easier to get the first mark so I thought the second one was going to be a miss. It wasn't. The third was just right as well. He also did a fine job cutting and holding the boards I needed to trim and was great company as well.

Good work, Son. It was a pleasure to work with you and thank you for wanting to work with me. We'll do it again sometime, OK?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer