Revelation as a source of knowledge

I guess, fundamentally, it comes down to this for me: my world view allows for revelation as a source of knowledge. There are others who are not inclined to this world view and I can understand that, even though I do not agree with it. It seems kind of odd that someone would turn to a source of knowledge that is inadequate (i.e. their experience or their understanding of other's experiences) or something completely bankrupt (i.e. science) to answer ultimate questions of the reason behind all of this. Or even if there is a reason at all. Or if we should even be asking the question. Or if we are capable of even forming the right questions.

Does it come down to this: The world view I hold as a filter by which I separate and compartmentalize my experiences? I think it may; I really do. That having been said I really need to wrap my mind around some Frame and Plantinga pretty soon to help flesh out some of this presuppositional stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer