Stranger ways...here we come

Of course I am disappointed that Obama won the election last night. I would be less disappointed if the Senate and the House were more or less split or if the Republicans were in the majority. But, alas, this is the course that we have chosen and we will have to continue to be vigilant. I am happy that the defense of marriage bills passed in California (of all places), Arizona, and Florida. It looked like the votes were not even all that close in any of the votes for amending those state constitutions.

Of course I also am fully aware that Obama, the defense of marriage bills, or even Sarah Palin cannot change anyone's heart to repent and move in the direction that God would have them to move. As a Christian I rejoice when God's will is done here on earth - Christ told us to pray for it - and some of the things that I saw last night showed me that was being done. I also know that the church in this country has a job to do and we need to do it regardless of the political leanings of the President or Congress.

Would a McCain presidency made the church's job easier? I don't think so - just like Obama's won't make it any harder. Christ secured a place in heaven for "those he came to save" and he took on forces much more powerful than we'll ever see this side of heaven to do it. The church will triumphantly march even as the revelation of Jesus Christ according to the Apostle John unfolds, bit by bit, until it culminates.

In other words, nothing ultimate has changed. Nor will it ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer