My dad's hometown

My dad is from Wayland, NY where he grew up on a farm and played on the high school volleyball team. Well, he did a lot more than that, but not a whole lot more. It is Wayland after all. Actually, all kidding aside, I have some great memories that are centered there (Dansville and Hornell as well) and I would like to get back there some day. Well, I came to find out that today that there is a new X Server for Linux called, you guessed it, Wayland. It is a lightweight rendering and compositing server that will, hopefully, be in use in embedded systems that run Linux.

Kind of exciting. It would be more exciting if my dad was a geek so we could toast the re-implementation of the X.Org Server together with the name putting the town of Wayland, New York on the map. OK, maybe that's a little strong, but this has the potential of bringing Linux to more and more systems that we use everyday. Even if it was codenamed "The Pit of Dispair" that is still something to celebrate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer