The meter and rhythm of the rain

I am listening to the first movement of Vangelis' Soil Festivities and a thought just struck me. The movement opens with a clap and echo of thunder and the sound of rain. Soon, the instrumentation is revealed as if emerging from the rain. The tempo that is realized is carried throughout the movement and the festival begins.

I began to wonder about the meter and rhythm of the rain as it always sounds so chaotic to me. But, knowing that God is so orderly and precise, I wonder if the rhythm of the rain merely escapes me. I cannot be so bold as to deny that it's there can I? Or is it truly absent only to when the rain is restored to its original form?

I'll presume it is there for now. To think otherwise would lead me down paths I have no business treading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer