No big deal

Lately we have had to introduce the saying "No big deal" into my son's second-grade teacher's lexicon to deal with some issues that she was having with our oldest boy. He gets frustrated easily and is, surprisingly, overwhelmed by what seems like some very minor things. We have to reassure him that it is "no big deal" when this happens and it seems to give him a shot of confidence, or peace, or whatever. I know where he got this tendency to obsess over trivialities: me.

This morning I noticed some emerging nastiness that I need to take care of in my son's fish tank. I was obsessing about it when I got into the car this morning to head out to work and I found myself chuckling a "no big deal" to my heart. It really isn't an awful thing that I need to deal with and I really need to just chill out and take it easy...gather all of the information I can and try this and that to see if I can make progress at it. This too shall pass, one way or another, and I will be wiser and stronger for the trying.

It is tough to let go and trust. We're in this together, son, and I pray that we will be able to minister to each other as we learn to fall into His arms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer