Maybe...just maybe...

Opening my self up to input or direction seems to be more difficult for me than it should. A couple of experiences, one this weekend and one just this morning, is leading me ever down the path where maybe, just maybe, someone knows a little something more than me.

This weekend we had to get some slats for the bed and I thought that some nice 1x4's would do the trick. I don't recall ever seeing anything thicker than that on a bed frame so I had it in my mind that those would fit the bill. Of course my wife had it in her mind that some nice 2x4's would be better so, reluctantly, I went along with her. Well, $7 and three cuts with a circular saw later and the bed is as solid as it has ever been. She made a good call, but, hey, at least I didn't rain on her thought parade. So that's good, right?

This morning the weather was less than stellar with cold temperatures, wind, and rain. We were scheduled to go on a field trip with the youngest's kindergarten class and I was sure that it was going to be canceled. So sure that I didn't even make coffee until I was absolutely certain it was still on. I thought they were crazy to still have the trip and I was sure that I was going to dread every second of it. They were right...I was wrong. The field trip was great and the kids (and even I) had a great time. We even saw the sun.

Slowly but surely God is impressing on me that I am not the measure of all things. He is seeing to it that I call more wrong than right lately. If it makes me more holy I am all for it. As painful as that is at times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04