Deficient

Whether I care to admit it or not there are things that I am not very good at. I think my wife is more in tune with her strengths and limitations than I am because she is constantly filtering out opportunities that come her way in light of what she is able to do well. I, on the other hand, need some encouragement to make sure that I am not biting off something that I will not have the ability to chew. Part of that problem stems from me not liking to say "No" to anyone or anything that is urgent. I always sacrifice the important things (or so it seems) and I am growing in this area which is a nice way of saying I still screw things up.

There was an incident that happened today that reminded me that I need to make sure I am well-equipped to handle things if the spiral into areas that I am not adept at handling/ This "well-equippedness" may entail calling other people alongside me to compliment my gifts and abilities or it may entail a re-tooling of what I thought I would have been good at attempting. No one has ever accused me of being subtle, sober, or safe but these traits would serve me well as I move into areas that may be the least bit unfamiliar.

Thanks be to God there are still some of those areas left. And that He calls me into them to make me holy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04