Closing my eyes today...

At one point I closed my eyes as I listened to the Forum album from one of my favorite bands (Undercover)...

I could feel myself driving the old 1981 brown Chevy Impala station wagon down the Lake Ontario parkway in the middle of the Summer. I sensed the smells and the heat as I rode along that stretch of road. The only thing that I wasn't in touch with was whether I was 18 again or if I was as old as I am now. My age is almost a non-issue as those memories wash over me as they are absolutely timeless now.

I need to resist the urge to romanticize them though. It wasn't all good times, but they were full of youth - full of the outlook, insecurities, tempestuousness, fear, and frivolity of youth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer