Climate control

I spend most of my time in an environment that is climate controlled. That is not so surprising. What is surprising to me, or something that piqued my curiosity, is the feelings I have toward different types of climate control. Stepping from a cold environment into an artificially warm one (the current state of things) I feel a sense of comfort and security. Stepping from a hot environment into an artificially cool one offers me a sense of relief but nothing that I could characterize as comfort or security.

I wonder why that is the case. Why wouldn't the climate control offered to moderate the extreme outside temperatures evoke the same feelings from me? I can say that I feel more satisfied and secure in shade than I do in an air-conditioned home or building. Maybe I need to be exposed to more extreme heat - as extreme as the cold gets in this neck of the woods - in order for me to feel the same about air conditioning than I do heat.

Or maybe I am just as in touch with my emotions surrounding this issue as I need to be to accurately assess them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer