Sweet sleep

Yesterday I had the opportunity to do some chainsawing on the wood pile that my in-laws have out in Williamson, NY. It was hot, but not unbearably so, and I did end up getting a lot done. There was some reconditioning done on the saw recently and it is humming through the wood so I am very happy about that. I wasn't keen on going out yesterday because of the heat and the business of the day but there were a few things that pushed me in the right direction.

The one was that I would have the opportunity to get some fruit and vegetables for my wife who has been a mad woman getting the "harvest" canned, frozen, and jammed. There was a bushel of 20 ounce apples waiting to be turned into sauce so that was a good thing to bring home. The second was that I wouldn't lose a lot of weekend time with the boys and that I would have some time to play with them in the evening when I got home. The third was that hard work satisfies me and that it brings on sweet sleep.

I wonder if death will ever be as sweet to me as the sleep I had last night. I wonder if I will embrace it the way my friend Howard did. I wonder if I will welcome him as one who has been redeemed and one who will ride with him into His presence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer