Quite a production

My wife has undertaken quite a production these past couple of days and our family is better for it. We bought a lot of peaches at the farm market last week and they ripened in a hurry. In addition, my wife picked blackberries and raspberries a couple of days ago and they look great and have been taking up ample space in our refrigerator. Until yesterday.

She was a flurry of activity after returning from a back-to-school breakfast with friends. She canned all of the peaches, made peach jam, and could not stop until the triple-berry jam (strawberry, raspberry, and blackberry) was complete. Today she is buying a lot of corn (I am not sure how many dozen) and she is cutting it off of the cob to freeze it. She even, only mildly, lamented that she needs to make blueberry jam (my favorite) and I am sure it is only a matter of time before she gets that done.

It is easy to brag about my wife. I have never struggled with the way that she has taken care of me and our sons. That house runs like a clock with her as the concertmaster. Under her care I will gladly accept my place washing out the canner that she needed for today and mixing my metaphors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer