It's funny what I remember

Aside from the fact that this is a bone of contention between my spouse and I is the fact that I remember some pretty trivial things while recalling events and notables that are less important.

The other day I was driving home from work and remembered, quite vividly, a conversation that I had with my great aunt Mary while we were either driving to her cottage on Seneca Lake or back to her home in Elmira. I asked her why she didn't open the window on her side of the car when she was driving. She mentioned to me that the reason was that her arms were too short to rest on the sill of the window and keep two hands on the wheel. She then when on to mention that my dad's arms were long enough to accomplish this feat and that is most likely why he liked to have the window open.

I think that is where the conversation ended either because I was satisfied with the answer or something else was more interesting than continuing it. Looking back on it now, her answer was a little nonsensical but I am sure it was proffered in love and with the desire to engage me in conversation.

At any rate that is stuck in my brain and I can't be certain when I will recall it again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer