Brand new

One things that I love about my kids is that there is so much that is brand new to them. Bible stories that are old hat to me are approached with plenty of interest and questions like "Are you kidding me?" or exclamations of the "Whoa..." variety. I remember a conversation that I had with my youngest son where he was wearing some pajamas that he had received as hand-me-downs from a neighbor and he was asking who the super heroes were on them. Spider Man (he knew)...the Incredible Hulk...Cyclops of X-Men fame, Iron Man and even Captain America were on there bringing back a flood of memories to me but a reveling in all things new to him. He was excited about his new found knowledge and rattled the super heroes off to his brother only forgetting who Captain America was.

If I were to approach the sunrise, or the expressions of love my wife gives with such wonder I would be so much richer for it. Even my salvation ushered a newness into my life that I have not fully come to terms with. How much of this office, this blogging, my car is all too familiar to me? Will I ever see it in the light it ought be scrutinized in?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer