This morning

This morning was a bit of an adventure. I was jogging (for the third time this week...um...hooray!) and I was about a quarter mile into it when a bug flew into my eye. It seemed like it had some meat to it (i.e. it was bigger than a gnat) and when I went to dislodge it from the place it had no business being in I got stung just below my eye. Man, that little booger got me good. After the initial shock wore off I decided to walk home, but it did not feel as bad as I thought so the walk turned into a jog home. Then it started to feel even better so I turned around and ran my entire route in reverse.

When I got home it was smarting a little bit so I took some antihistamine, decongestant, and ibuprofen just to dull the pain a bit and to make sure there was no added pressure building up in my sinuses to increase the discomfort. As I am typing this there is still some pain, but it is a dull, bearable one with occasional spikes of "What the..." thrown in. Not a lot of swelling though which is good. Although that would garner me some sympathy that is not what I need at this point.

I really need some coffee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer