So much more meaningful

I remember reading an article a while back about a woman's exit from atheism and the fact that "beauty", as she put it, "interrupted her atheism." It interrupts mine as well and I find that what I find beautiful, the people and things that bring joy to my life and a smile to my face, are so much more meaningful because of my faith in the God of the Bible. I can't shake the fact that this beauty is a love song of sorts from God to me. He gives me glimpses and foretastes of the new heavens and new earth every time I close my eyes and let the 3rd movement of the New World Symphony wash over me, or when my wife lays her comfort down for her children and friends. What would ring in my heart if I were to experience these things apart from Him?

Having always been at least spiritual in my life (if not outright godly) I guess entering into the mind of those that are not oriented in this way is not attractive to me. Yet, I find myself shaken from my sleep at times when the Giver of all good things drops her warmth into my cold heart. It is almost as if He calls to me to ponder anew the gifts that he lavishes on me. And the gifts will not stop so my challenge seems to be to embrace them again when all Hell breaks loose.

Holiness in the midst of blessedness perhaps? Resisting my strength when I am tempted to use it? Refusing to curse God and die if it all comes unraveled? Or is ti resting in the fact that I have nothing apart from Him even now?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer