Restless

Hey restless
Can you sleep tonight?
Something's going wrong
got to make it right.
Wake up now
before you sleep the night away.
- Restless, David and the Giants

If this hasn't characterized my life recently I don't know what has. Last night I was so restless - I was feeling like I was speeding towards a brick wall at 100 miles an hour with no ability to steer or brake. It has only been recently (maybe in the last hour or so) that my soul seems to be more settled. I get these feelings every once and a while and they move me nearly to tears. Almost like a feeling of desperation where my feet aren't touching the ground. It is almost like I can't catch my breath, like I am drowning on dry land. I hate the feeling and am in prayer more during those times than any other.

Am I sleeping the night away? Is that why these feelings flood my soul? Is God prompting me to lift to Him the stresses that build and build and threaten to wreck me on the rocky coasts? Are those times when He has decided to take a step back and show me a life apart from Him? I wonder about these things.

Or am I just so frail that my body panics and is sickened by the ordinary happenings in life? You know: the ones that throw only me into turmoil and no one else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer