Not last night

Not last night but the night before last I had a solid ½-¾ of an hour
to work in the front garden while the boys were watching a video on how
to play soccer. It is amazing how little time I need to spend in the
garden to really feel relaxed and to feel like I have accomplished
something. I do not think there is another activity that I could
perform (work wise) that would lay claim to these feelings like
gardening - so much so that it is scary as I can't explain it.

Be
that as it may I cut off the flowers of the hosta that had gone to seed
(planting one out back to see what would happen) and fertilized the
clethra and potted double impatiens out front. I was doing the
"oh-no-you-don't" dance to fend off the mosquitoes that though my blood
looked just about right to drink and it seemed to work out pretty well.

Before you ask you don't want to see the "oh-no-you-don't" dance. Believe me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer