Beautiful death

I noticed a stick on the driveway this morning that had a gorgeous pink hue on it. I wasn't too sure where it came from because it looked otherworldly at the angle I was viewing it at. As I walked closer to it I noticed that the sun, rising in the East, was at just the right angle to illuminate it in a way that was quite unexpected. The first words that came to my mind was "Such beautiful death."

Supposedly away from its life source this stick was lit in a way that was completely different - unlike anything I had experienced up to that point. So too will be my lifeless shell when I find the end of my life. My death will be even more beautiful than the light that shone on that stick that was just under the rear bumper of my car. No longer will I struggle nor will this world struggle with me.

Everything that I have ever longed for awaits just beyond my beautiful death.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer