Back from a mini vacation

Our family met friends down in Lancaster, PA where we stayed in a nice hotel and went to Hershey Park and Dutch wonderland over a four-day span of time. It was great to get away and visit a couple of parks that I had never been to before. Given the age of our little guys (going into second grade and kindergarten) Dutch Wonderland was more oriented to us but Hershey Park had its own attraction as well. I got to ride the Comet roller coaster twice with my oldest son at Hershey (he loves speed) and I also rode the newest coaster there called Fahrenheit. I will have to admit that it is the most unique coaster I have ever been on (a 90° ascent with a 97° drop) and was worth the wait that we had to endure to get on it.

We also had a great time at Dutch Wonderland which had a more "country fair" feel to it. I got to ride the Kingdom Coaster a couple of times with my oldest son and also the bumper cars with my youngest son. There were quite a few more rides that we could all go on as a family as well as tamer rides that our youngest son could navigate through all by himself. I think I enjoyed Dutch Wonderland more because we could spend more time together.

And of course the Disney Channel on the big TV back at the hotel was a highlight as was swimming in the pool there. We even got back in time to go to the "church at the beach" service where 13 people were baptized in Lake Ontario. There is something great about celebrating with them outside and showing our boys what baptism is. I pray that it is a decision that they will make someday so that they can join the church and serve God in increasingly meaningful ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer