Perspectives on wet

The past two and a half days have been wet. Just wet. We had some heat and humidity last week and the heat has gone away, but the humidity has stayed and it is still very wet. Not that I am complaining as I replanted a couple of clethra that were beginning to bite the proverbial dust. I yanked them out of the ground yesterday in between showers and I think I found the problem. It looked like I barely broke the soil that came out of the pot so much so that the roots were not growing into the surrounding soil. So I beat the root ball ferociously (grrrrr...), put way too much compost in the big holes I re-dug and replanted them. Hopefully that will put an end to the nonsense that I was seeing in the form of drying out leaves. Again, hopefully, I did it in time.

After I replanted the clethra the rains came again almost on cue. And it looks like it rained a bit last night as well. Summer rain is so refreshing and so welcome...unless you ask my eldest son.

We bought a practically new bike for him off of craigslist on Saturday and he did not have the chance to ride it much at all with all of the rain we are having. Every time we pull into the garage he lets us know how much he likes his new bike implying that he is looking forward to taking it on a more substantial spin very soon. He also wants to go swimming in the worst way, but the rain and the newfound coolness is thwarting those plans as well.

I am sure that God has a million reasons for the rain that has come the past day and a half working on two days now. I just pray that one of them was my clethra and the other was the production of patience and self-control in my son.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer