My youngest son, angels, and air guitars

My youngest son plays a mean air guitar...and he's only 5 years old. Heaven has been on the minds of our family lately with the passing of a dear friend so it wasn't anything too shocking when my youngest son asked me "Daddy, do you know what I am going to do when I get up to heaven?" I asked him what that was and he said, "I am going to rock and roll with the angels!" He then proceeded to strum his air guitar so maniacally that I thought his Fruity Cheerios were going to go flying across the table in a blur of white and rainbow.

Like me my youngest likes to hear himself talk and does not mind being the center of attention. He is always asking questions (even the ones he knows the answers to) in an attempt to listen to his own voice and, I think at least subconsciously, dictate the tone and tenor of the conversation. Much like me when I play euchre and will make trump even though I have only the queen and nine of the particular suit in my hand. Maybe my off-suit king will save me?

I have a feeling he will be popular and a leader. I need to show him how to lead and pray that he does not make the same mistakes I made early in my leadership of people. I was just great at times, but dismal at others. I am just getting my head around the "servant-leadership" thing and will look to instill that in him especially.

I can relate to him very well and I know he is just like me because he drives me crazy much quicker than my oldest son can. I don't know how anyone can live with me after seeing me in him. But I tell them at least they get a break - I live with me 24 hours a day 7 days a week. How's that for a cross?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer