I know

A good friend of the family died on July 3rd and I had a chance to see him before he did. By the time I got to the hospital he had already slipped into a coma and would not be awaken again from it. As I looked at him and pondered what was happening, I couldn't help but think of the verse in Philippians (1:5-7) where we are told that God, who has started a good work in us, will be faithful to complete it. It was obvious that my friend was not dead yet so I couldn't help but wonder what that good work was. What was God producing (or perfecting) in him now as he lay dying? I can't presume to know, but I can find peace in the fact that it was something good...something that God wasn't apt to produce until then.

Now that I have set my feet on this course I will have the same reassurance. Even as (or if) I lay in a coma I will have God's faithful work in me producing all manner of goodness. What will He accomplish that day...those days? What will He perfect in me? Thanks be to God that He is in control of all of that. Thanks be to God that He holds me so tightly that the good work continues this day in spite of me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer