Faith and sight

An interesting "mini-conversation" that I had with my wife when we were driving home from a friend's house got me thinking a little bit. Of course I want to walk by sight and not by faith. Seeing is just so much more comfortable than not and it is what Thomas latched onto to overcome his doubt about Christ's resurrection. But I wonder if us "seeing" God's faithfulness, provision, love, etc. in the years that we walk with Him on this earth qualifies as sight? I know that there will always be an element of faith in anything this side of death, but I wonder if the seemingly unshakable faith that many of the senior saints have has to do with what they've seen?

God was always calling the Israelites to remember and it largely had to do with great deliverances and physical signs of His provision and faithfulness...the fire and cloud that led them through the dessert, the Red Sea and its parting, the manna that they gathered every morning save the Sabbath. All of these things they saw and experienced. Does that qualify as sight?

I know that my faith will be completely swallowed up in sight and that my hope will soon be fulfilled. Yet I can't help but wonder if God's provision of food for my family last night is but a drop (foretaste perhaps?) of the sight I will have when I finally behold that I am beheld.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04