Enjoying it

Gardening is a lot of work. Maintaining the garden can be an all-encompassing activity that never is exactly what I want it to be. Yesterday evening I wanted to look at the blooms and blossoms that are presenting themselves (we have much more color in the Summer from our perennials than we do in the Spring) and mightily try to ignore the weeds that have been mocking me given the recent rain. I only pulled a few of them up as I looked at the absolutely huge hydrangea bloom in the side garden.

I noticed that the Solomon's Seal is holding its own just fine amidst the hosta and that the variegated hosta in flowering more whitish purple than the pure white I fancied it to be. The forsythia is stubbornly shooting more branches skyward - doesn't it know that it will get clipped for behavior like that? The clethra flowers are as fragrant as ever, but I find that I need to get my nose closer to them this year to take it in than last year. I'll have to see if that continues as I fall headlong into heady August.

And the green variegated euonymus in the front garden, the small one...you know who you are...I think you are being targeted for replacement next Spring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer