The difference

There is such a marked difference between my two boys that it is hard to believe at times. Last night at the dinner table I mentioned that I would be in the hoosegow if I did something. My oldest son couldn't have cared less that there was a word that was uttered that he didn't know the meaning of. On the other hand, my youngest son immediately inquired about the definition of the word. When I told him it meant "jail" he mumbled "hoosegow" a couple of times and "jail" a couple of times almost in an effort to make the connection.

I think I will ask the two of them tonight whether they remember what hoosegow means just to see if they do. Also, it would be interesting to see if the oldest retained the definition of the word that I gave to the youngest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer