An almighty struggle and nothing in particular

This morning it was an almighty struggle to get out and run. I bought some new running shoes a couple of nights ago and, of course, the novelty of those wore off when I ran on Tuesday. They are so much more comfortable to run in than the ones they replaced and I like them a great deal. But struggle I did this morning, but I did go out and do my fun run so that was good.

The "fishless cycling" of the aquarium is almost complete after about 2.5 weeks. My ammonia readings are at 0 ppm and the nitrites are between 1.0 and 0.5 ppm so that is good progress too. I am putting a little ammonia in every day to keep the bacteria happy and well-fed. I am going to be tossing some nice lower-light plants in there soon (anacharis, anubias, java fern) and then we'll invite the fish into their new home. I need to rebuild the caves that were knocked down and look for a better place for the submerged pirate ship the boys picked out.

My next big project is to finished stripping the baseboards that I started a couple of months ago. Our room is freshly painted and does not look finished without the baseboards. I would buy new ones, but the ones I have are so nicely grained and coped - I just don't want to give them up. I think they'll look good when they are all done.

I am now on facebook. I think that's a good thing. It is going to be difficult to maintain, but I think it will be worth it in the long run. I just "friended" my brother in law. Gotta love these new verbs.

All that to say that my life is not as boring as you thought, huh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer