Symphonies and festivals

Yesterday I had intended this post to be a bit different than it is today. I was emptying the dishwasher (brainless activity that allows my mind to wander) and I was thinking about a couple of albums that I have and what they say about the sounds that I hear in nature. One is called Soil Festivities and the other has a track on it called Symphony of the Forest.

Initially I had thought that expressing the activity found in the soil and forest as a festival or symphony was a disservice to what was going on. It was a presumption of sorts that the arrangement of noises and activities that classify a symphony or festival is somewhat indicative of what is being observed or expressed in these natural environments. I thought that the pieces should have been named "Sounds of the Forest" or simply "Forest". Not as poetic, but I thought it was more true to what reality was.

But then I thought that, as being made in God's image the pinnacle of his creation, the way we express ourselves is somewhat more "God-like" than any animal, bird, or insect. Could it be that these gentlemen (Kitaro and Vangelis) who are not Christians (as far as I know) have tapped into the reality that the organization we make of sound and activity bears the image of the Creator to a greater degree than the biological automatons that inhabit the majority of this globe?

More to ponder....but my brain is getting full.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer