Some bad news

Getting back from a trip out of state to visit friends my oldest son announced that he had some bad news. Curious as to what it was I inquired and he continued "We have to take down the tent in the basement to build the Thomas track." I assured him that this was not an issue and, I hope, he went off to bed with peace in his heart. I got to thinking this morning about the bad news that I get in my life and the calm reassurance that God tries to speak to me at times. God dismisses my bad news as quickly as I dismissed the that of the tent disassembly for the purposes of building the track. He also speaks very kindly and compassionately to my soul when He does it for He knows that I am so frail and prone to announce the bad news to Him as if it even caught Him unawares.

Like the two-dimensional man that runs up against the line drawn from edge to edge across the paper and despairs of his ability to cross over it so do I, at times, despair over this or that. But the man who exists in three dimensions calmly reaches down and lifts the poor soul over the line so that he can continue his journey. Such is God to me. Casting all my cares on Him my journey progresses. If I but tried the life He has called me to what would become of my anxieties?

He exists on a plane which I have no comprehension of. A strange universe that I would surely perish in for how would I move? How would I breathe? Yet, calmly, He invades this space and reminds me that He has secured both my salvation and thousands upon thousands of lesser things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer