My poor attitude

Yes, even the King of All Pollyanna (a.k.a. me) is subject to a poor attitude at times...and even about ministry.

Tonight we have a dinner that is put on by some small groups as a thank you to the Awana/Champions club leaders and I am looking forward to it. On the agenda is a game-show-like Bible quiz that I was asked to assemble and lead. I like being the center of attention (at times) so you'd think that this was right up my alley. Well, it usually is, but I was kind of looking forward to sitting on my big fat buhumpkis and just eating. So I started to get a bit of an attitude about the whole thing. It has largely gone away and I plan on making the most of it through side-splitting sarcasm and humor (OK, maybe not side-splitting, but I'll have a good time) and at least my wife will be there to run the slide show for me.

This whole thing just goes to show me that my flesh is alive and well and ready to produce the right seed for complaint - even when it comes to building the Kingdom. Which I have should have no right nor privilege to be a part of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04