Experience and intent

I guess in any communication there is the experience of what is being communicated and the intent of the communication. It seems that the purest communication imaginable is when the intent matches the experience. Communication breakdown exists when the experience does not match the intent or when the intent doesn't match the experience. Obviously these two situations can rest in the expression of the idea or the reception of the idea or in a combination of the two. This may be elementary but it just came to me in these words.

On a completely different note I composed the sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" into music and have two of (I think) four XML to XML transformations completed to take a document from text to musical notation. I think I am going to have to look at one of the XML representations of a music score and grok it before I can do the final transformation. This continues to be interesting if only to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer