Steve Taylor's musical "salvation"

I was reading the wikipedia entry for Steve Taylor and found that when he found The Clash's London Calling album he recognized that it saved his life musically. Having heard the album I can see it as a real eye opener and I have been influenced by it as well (albeit not as much as him).

I count the influence of Invisible Connections by Vangelis as the album that not only had the largest influence on me musically, but opening my mind to a mode of inquiry and perspective that I never had before. I remember receiving it as a gift from my parents along with a CD player at Christmas of my Junior year in high school. After the first of what would be dozens of listens I was led down paths that have profoundly shaped who I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer