Mouth opened wide in wonder

Hey I’m getting dizzy now
Falling to the ground
Hey I’m getting teary eyed
Mouth is open wide in wonder - Wonder, Run the Earth Watch the Sky, Chris Rice

I see an increasing understanding of the intricacies of the universe enhancing rather than detracting from wonder. The stuff of wonder is not necessarily confined to a tree house that transports first-grade minds to places they'll likely never visit or a wardrobe that transports Penvensie children to a snow-laden land. For me it is found in the order of the universe and the involvement of its Sustainer. Moving along the expressway and looking at all that green creating energy from the light of the sun I take a step back and realize (or maybe just recognize) that God is doing that. The silent steps of the spider that I can't bring myself to eliminate is His doing as well. He moved his (or her) legs so that it would carve a path to me and I am the richer for it.

From the feeding of the robin to the decomposition of the corpse - all of it is by His decree and by His participation. Reducing it all to Him is really to His magnification. All of it screams His name and He not only receives its praise, He ordains it. All of it truly is through Him, with Him, and in Him. That's far too wonderful for me...and the wonder grows as I relate to Him in ever-increasing measure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04