Terms of endearment

For some reason I have been calling my oldest son "buddy" for quite some time. I guess it is what can be called a term of endearment, but I am not sure where it came from or where it will go from here. At any rate a couple of nights ago as I was leaving his room to go put his brother in bed he "slipped" and called me buddy. He laughed a little to himself and said "I called Daddy 'buddy'". My wife asked him if I was his buddy and, with a smile, he said "Yeah."

I know the danger of him treating me as an equal, but that is not what this was about. I hope and pray that this is indicative of the relationship that I am in with him. I hope this means that his love for me goes from the top of his head all the way down to the tips of his toes. My love for him certainly does.

He is my buddy and, from the looks of things, I am his as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer