Slowly starting to get it

Ever since someone (I think it was John MacArthur) clued me in on the difference between God's revealed will in the Scriptures and His sovereign will (which is a mystery) things have started falling into place for me. This morning I was thinking about strength in weakness and realized that the "when I'm weak He is strong" bit has to do with setting up my vain imaginations and devices against His revealed will in the Bible. That makes sense because it is when I admit that I'm never going to make it that is when I seek His face more diligently and there is no more clearer picture of God than in the Bible. I now, again, see that His strength is found in the faithful application of His revealed will to every aspect of my life.

Now this leads me full circle to what I was thinking about last night as I prepared my teaching for the adult Bible class I will be teaching this Sunday. I was trying to make the connection between a certain aspect of peacemaking (giving glory to God) and the phrase "with right doctrine comes right living". I am almost there and need to do some poking around today for material about the sovereignty of God. That along with His immutability, I think, will just about round out what I need to communicate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer