I should have recorded the location

Last week I began to teach a class using material from Peacemaker Ministries and, as I went through the steps for preparation, noticed some themes that ran through the presentation that reminded me of some passages from Ravi Zacharias' book Jesus Among Other Gods. Of course I knew exactly where to go in that book to get out the relevant passage because it happened to be in the Introduction. I am not as fortunate this week, however, in finding the exact passage I would like to read out of the book The Jesus I Never Knew by Philip Yancey. I want to find the place in the book where he talks about focused, deliberate love as the most powerful force in the universe, but I can't for the life of me remember where it is in the book. There are some good passages that I can use further on in the book that actually tie nicely back to the point I wanted to make with the Zacharias book so I think these will have to do for now.

I have been teaching children a lot lately (from 2 years old all the way through 6th grade on different occasions) and this foray back into teaching adults is more satisfying than I thought it was going to be. I feel the freedom to explore the deep truths of the faith a lot more than I did with the kids. Saying things like "submitting ourselves to the leading of the Holy Spirit" is more than appropriate in the adult class while I would never dream of saying that even to a 6th grader who is used to me. However, teaching kids is great too because it forces me to recast the truth of the Scriptures to such an extent that I learn much more than they do after I teach.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer