A blessing or a curse

I was in an interesting situation last night that I found to be quite bizarre. As the night went on and the situation took on more and more interesting dimensions of the bizarre I found myself getting annoyed. I doubt that it leaked out, but it was getting my ire up a bit. I'm sure the perpetrators of the situation had no idea that they were acting in a way that was annoying me nor did they intend to inflict any discomfort on me but there I was with a choice.

I could choose to bless God or to curse Him. I could choose to embrace the situation for what it was and honor Him by keeping my way pure or I could sully myself and His reputation by taking myself down a path that would betray my selfishness. I think I succeeded, to a degree, in keeping my attitude in check and, meager that it was, I think I blessed God through it all.

Only time will tell - but isn't that the way the fruit of my actions is manifest? Only over time will the apple blossoms of Spring find their way into the red, ripe skin and flesh I see in Autumn. And only in the Autumn of my life will I see the fruit of my actions and attitudes. Thanks be to God that He is continuing the good work that He has started in me.

And my wife makes really good lasagna.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04