And to think there may still be work to do

As much as I like to think I have it all together with the ministries that I am involved with I cannot presume to be above being taught. There have been times in my ministry when people have come along side me (with varying degrees of gentleness) and let me know how to improve. I tend to shoot first and ask questions later. Sometimes I get the outlaw and sometimes I shoot my deputy in the process. God always challenges me though and he brings feedback to me in ways that I, in my flesh, do not appreciate and from people that, perhaps, I needed to develop a stronger love and appreciation for.

Criticism, even constructive criticism, is painful to me most of the time regardless of the delivery. But when I look back on the times that the criticism was leveled I can see clear progress in the areas that needed it. I am not there and more criticism will surely come, but I am different and, I pray, more effective in how I minister.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer