And to think I would have missed it

I woke up this morning after a long visit into unconsciousness and had my daily struggle about whether I would get up and jog this morning or not. I seem to have recalled that it was getting a tad cool last night and was concerned that it would be a bit too brisk for my comfort. Curiously I wasn't that concerned about the temperature in February. At any rate I dragged my sorry buhumpkis out of bed and, on my way down the stairs, was convinced that I wouldn't be running.

Soon enough after a bit more wrangling I donned my sweat pants, sneakers, got my iPod, and I opened the door. The second I walked out onto the porch I was hit with a beautiful Spring morning. I hadn't felt warmth that lovely and smelled scents that inviting in such a long time. It reminded me of the Summer mornings that I would hit the golf course with my brother. I, for an instant, forgot the task ahead of me and took a couple of deep breaths...to think I would have missed that moment that is so firmly planted in my mind even now. How shallow and frail I am.

Of course by the end of the run I felt like scrambled eggs under a truck tire, but that is another day's post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer