Unique experiences and the "aha"

The past couple of days I have had some truly unique experiences concerning people I would have never met or even known about had I not done things a little out of the ordinary and out of my comfort zone. One of them had to do with the requesting of a donation for our school auction from a local business (which we did not receive) and one had to do with listing a light fixture on craigslist (which we sold). Both experiences had me in conversation with people who were wildly divergent but very interesting. Hopefully they felt the same way about me.

There is a song in the movie The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything written by Steve Taylor and sung by the Newsboys. It is called Yo Ho Hero! and contains the line "we've got the funk without the parliament." Immediately I knew that it had something to do with the group Parliament-Funkadelic but I wasn't sure what. Well, today, in a fit of aha! I figured it out: funk minus the parliament is simply "funk". Sounds like what a bunch of pirates who don't do anything would be in: a funk. Of course Taylor also needed a word that rhymed with "requirement" so funk and parliament were naturally complimentary to this end. Naturally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer