I was not immune to it

We held our annual school auction on Saturday March 8 and it was a wild one. It seemed like the weather was conspiring against us as we received over a foot and a half of snow, sleet, and freezing rain from Friday night into Saturday night. Couple this with the fact that we seemed to be a  bit more disorganized than in previous years (the "day-of" and "record-keeping" crews that I am a part of) and there was a feeling of dread coming over us about the success of the auction. it was expressed on numerous occasions on Friday night that we had a bad feeling about the situation. I can say that I never verbalized my feelings but I shared most of their concerns privately. I am "much too spiritual" to actually say what I am feeling.

Then the people came on Saturday and turned our feelings upside down. When the final numbers were in it was apparent that we had close to (am quite possibly "the") best auction ever. It was apparent that people made the extra effort to come and support the school. God truly blessed us and we are so thankful that He saw it fit to give the school the financial boost it needed to finish the year on a strong financial note.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer