His good name

A good name is more desirable than great riches;
to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.
Proverbs 22:1

Last night while my wife was working in preparation for the big school auction two teachers came up to her and told her that they enjoyed our son. She made sure to bring that up in front of me with both him and his brother present and I congratulated him on his securing of a good reputation. This is a valuable thing and is more cherished than money, things, or fame. I am proud of him and thankful to God that He has seen it fit to produce this in him and that my son is willingly cooperating in this production.

He's a good boy, Lord, and still a little rough around the edges. Like I was and still am at times, but You know that full well. Please help his mother and me to not arrest that which you have placed in him. May we produce a picture of You that is attractive to him and help You produce a man who loves You and loves his neighbor. May it never be done in spite of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer