He is a peacemaker

On one of my mind meanders during the morning service with the church I thought, once again, of the communicable and incommunicable attributes of God. My favorite incommunicable attributes are omnipresence and immutability but the communicable attributes hold more attraction for me as these are the ones that I can participate in. The one that struck me yesterday was that of peacemaker. God is a peacemaker.

When I was far from Him, so far that I had no desire for Him, He pursued me so that He could be at peace with Him. As glorious as Him sending His Son to absorb the penalty that was mine it didn;t end there. He meticulously ordered events such that I would have to choice but to surrender my life to Him and be at peace with Him through the work that His Son accomplished on my behalf. He loves me and would have it no other way.

I am to be like that. I am to seek out those with whom there is even a modicum of strife with meticulously and mthodically seek to be at peace with them. There is no other way for me to participate in the divine nature than to engage in these activities.

My Dad is a peacemaker. He expects His boy to be one too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer