Back to the "where I was"

Hopefully this morning is a change back to where I had been. Last night I felt great and knew that I was going to have plenty of energy to get up and get jogging again. I broke our treadmill a while back and have had to jog outdoors for quite a while. Obviously the winter had me inside in the morning more often than I would have liked but recently we've been dry and cold. The cold I don't mind so much because I sweat so profusely when I run, but when it is wet and cold, well, there's ice and stuff...you know? I also don't like to jog in the road as much as on the sidewalk for safety reasons.

So this morning was great. Cold and dry I started out and along the familiar route that I normally take and I was so happy to have the energy and drive to get it done. I know this is a gift so, after the run, I thanked God that I was able to complete it. I only had to divert into the road a couple of times due to snow and ice on the sidewalk. Hopefully this is the beginning of me running more regularly. I've missed it but, like an old friend, it has found me and is instantly familiar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer