When will it end?

Anticipating the grand return
Crying out for the page to turn
- All Creation Sings, AD

"All Creation Sings" is one of my favorite songs from the group Kerry Livgren was a part of after he left Kansas. My absolute favorites are "Lead Me to Reason" and "Beyond the Pale" but all of ADs songs are fine in their own right. All Creation Sings speaks of the groaning of creation and the fixation on the anticipation of Christ's return and for a new chapter to be opened in the history of the world.

The events of last night made made me even more keen to ponder this and to groan right along with the creation. There was the announcement of an engagement and planned marriage this Summer. There was also insensitivity and hurt over some things that I had done. All of it reminds me that there is redemption for the filth that invades my life and that there is a bride waiting patiently for her groom. And when He comes to claim her the minor key that is the rushing wind will finally break forth in a gloriousness we have never known - and I will be perfected.

Some days, Lord, I feel as though you cannot come quickly enough and some days, to my shame, I want you to stay up there. Through and through may I be found doing your will when, finally, all creation sings, "Hail the King of Kings!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer