Some things I learned over the weekend

Just assorted things I learned:

My Husky Air Scout air compressor is plenty powerful enough to run a brad or finish nailer. I literally took me 10 minutes to nail the baseboards to the wall with the nailer.

Caulk is messy to work with and it is much easier to wipe up with a handi wipe or paper towel than with a sponge.

My zig zag flag that I made looks like "monster teeth".

An invading army that is taunted by people holed up in a castle with the words "We have a castle, you do not have a castle" in a fake German accent will send the invading army into fits of rage.

Elmer's Wood Filler is nicer to work with and easier to clean up than caulk. It is also much more expensive and requires painting after it is applied. I need the wood filler to fill the larger gaps between the moulding and uneven walls in the dining room. Then I will caulk over the wood filler in hopes of not having to paint.

The breaker marked "dining room" does not turn power off to the switch in the corner on the wall that separates the dining room from the kitchen. The unmarked breaker that cuts power to half of the upstairs does.

With the right kit venting a dryer out the right or left side is a DIY job - or so at least one post in a forum on the world wide web says. I ordered the kit so we'll see what happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer