The snowman

Not last night, but the night before (it takes me a while, OK?) the whole family went out to take care of the snow. The boys pretty much got their sleds out and went down the hill that is our front yard while my wife and I shoveled the driveway. With her help it did not take long so we had some goof around time. She thought it would be good to build a snowman (our first one in a while) and I agreed. The boys were pumped.

I pretty much ad to roll the snow into the three distinct pieces that all good snowmen are made of. It was a bit tricky, but what I found I needed to do was pack the snow around the ball until I could get it big enough that it would largely pack itself. So, up went the body and the head and the boys and my wife decorated him with a snowman kit that was given to us a while back by friends of ours. I had to put two nails into his hat because the wind was picking up and we did not want to go looking for the hat when it blew off his head.

When we got in and the boys were in bed my wife said that she enjoyed making my boys happy. I know she does and that is one thing I love about her. I can honestly say that I was not focussed on their happiness so much as I was interested in crafting the most beautiful and functional snowman body possible. Is that a difference between her and me? I think so. Leave it to her to be in touch with the emotional side of it all while I embraced the task itself.

I have to admit that it is a nice snowman. I'll have to throw some pictures of it up here to release its image into cyberspace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04